- Travel long distances in shorter times, resources and coal could be shipped quicker and further for power. Messages. Food. People.
- More people to move to city for work, cities grew in size, London, Glasgow etc
- Development in machinery, Spinner machines etc. Coal, Iron, Steel industry boom, in demand, more train more work
- Contribution to the Industrial Revolution
- Social boundaries were broken, both low and middle class travelled together
- Paved way for development in technology, telephones etc.
- More Train development, faster, more comfortable, more travel, across the country and to other countries
- Affected the world by making travel more accessibly to more people of all classes and to further and further places